Hello, dear reader and followers! If you are here, chances are you are wondering what this blog is all about and why you should read it. So here’s my attempt to convince you to follow it:
My name is Jordan, but I usually go by historyman or hist online. I’m a 28-year-old American university graduate trying to make his way in the world. Somehow.
I started this blog after being on Tumblr for more than six years because the mods there were completely inept at their jobs and flagging some people’s posts as NSFW when it clearly wasn’t. My blog was not immune from this, so I immediately recognized that Tumblr was a sinking ship and boarded the first lifeboat I spotted with the intention of saving myself and my work. All my tumblr posts are here if you want to take the trouble to go and search, but otherwise, here’s what to expect from this blog:
- My various writing projects and thoughts on how to write in general. I originally got my start on Tumblr as a fiction writer, and it’s still why most people follow me. Even though it can take me a long time to get started on a writing project, I try my best to keep everyone updated. Apart from that, I offer tips to aspiring authors and answer questions about some of the basics of writing good fiction, historical or otherwise.
- Posts about history. Ever since I was a boy I have been fascinated with the past, especially when it concerns military history. My ongoing love affair is with all things World War II, but I do post about other periods of history of which I am fond (in particular World War I and the Victorian Era among others).
- Thoughts and reviews on anime and film. Apart from writing, I am an avid anime nerd and have been since I was in middle school. I love to pick apart and analyze any anime or films I watch as I find it not only fun but also helps with writing better stories.
- Pictures from my life. Usually of my dog, my house, random trips I make, or some other stuff going on where I live.
- Random musings and ramblings about life, either my personal one or life in general. Feel free to ignore those since I am a boring person and have nothing interesting to say.
While I’m new to the whole WordPress scene, I will try my best to keep you all entertained and update this blog when I can. If I am ever silent or don’t respond to a comment or a message, it’s not because I dropped off the planet or lost interest in this; I’m just busy.
With all that said, have fun and thank you for reading!